Wild Antarctica Air-Cruise: Greg Mortimer
Antarctica and Weddell Sea
Welcome to the ice factory! Thanks to vast ice shelves that calve monstrous tabular icebergs, waters rich in krill and otherworldly landscapes, the Weddell Sea is one of Antarctica's most unique regions. Our new expedition ship, Greg Mortimer, is ice-strengthened to take you comfortably between the Weddell Sea and the Antarctic Peninsula's west coast for the best of both worlds!
- Vast tabular icebergs pass by in Antarctic Sound
- Retrace some of Shackleton's and Nordenskoljd's route
- Visit fascinating fossil fields with an on board paleontologist
- Capture Antarctic light with a polar photography guide
- Delight in Adelie, gentoo and chinstrap penguins
- Hunting orcas, feeding humpbacks and slinky minkes
East and West of the Antarctic Peninsula - the best of both worlds!
OverviewWelcome to the ice factory! Thanks to vast ice shelves that calve monstrous tabular icebergs, waters rich in krill and otherworldly landscapes, the Weddell Sea is one of Antarctica's most unique regions. Our new expedition ship, Greg Mortimer, is ice-strengthened to take you comfortably between the Weddell Sea and the Antarctic Peninsula's west coast for the best of both worlds!
Expedition Vessel: The Greg Mortimer
This state-of-the-art 104-metre ship is a purpose-built expedition vessel for just 120 passengers, to be launched in 2019. Capable of negotiating the strongest winds and waves, the Greg Mortimer is built to world-class polar standards – designed in close consultation with expedition specialists. The Greg Mortimer redefines expedition cruising for the future. Not only can the ship contend with the most adverse weather conditions, its added creature comforts make for a more enjoyable journey out on the open ocean. As a modern and custom-designed ship, the Greg Mortimer is at the cutting edge of nautical technology. Robust, powerful and built with guests in mind, this ship marks a significant investment in expedition capabilities. From the European Arctic to the depths of Antarctica, and other far-flung destinations in-between, the Greg Mortimer will make your journey a breeze!
- On-board accommodation during voyage including daily cabin service
- All meals, snacks, tea and coffee during voyage
- Beer, house wine and soft drinks with dinner
- Captain’s Welcome and Farewell reception including four-course dinner, house cocktails, house beer and wine, non-alcoholic beverages
- All shore excursions and Zodiac cruises
- Educational lectures and guiding services from expedition team
- Access to our onboard doctor and basic medical services
- A 3-in-1 waterproof polar expedition jacket
- Complimentary use of muck boots during the voyage
- Comprehensive pre-departure information
- A printed photo book produced with photos from your voyage
- Port surcharges, permits and landing fees
- International or domestic flights to or within South America, unless specified
- Transfers not mentioned in the itinerary
- Airport arrival or departure taxes
- Passport, visa, reciprocity and vaccination charges
- Travel insurance or emergency evacuation charges
- Hotels and meals not included in itinerary
- Optional excursions not included in the itinerary
- Optional activity surcharges
- All items of a personal nature including but not limited to: alcoholic beverages and soft drinks (outside of dinner service), laundry services, personal clothing, medical expenses, gratuities, Wi-Fi, email or phone charges
Expeditions Online Newsletter
Sign up to be an Expeditions Online insider and receive info on exclusive deals, discounts and more!