South Georgia & Antarctica Penguin Safari: World Explorer
Antarctica & South Georgia
Explore Ushuaia prior to embarkation and sail down the spectacular Beagle Channel. Photograph massive albatross and pintado petrel as they soar around the ship, guiding us toward South Georgia. Beaches teeming with king penguins and elephant seals greet us, where we pay respects to famed explorer Sir Ernest Shackleton. Antarctica awaits, with its overwhelming enormity. Relax on a Zodiac ride, hike glistening glaciers, share comical moments with inquisitive penguins, or witness the rugged peninsula from a sea kayak. Antarctica will surprise and delight, and never disappoint
- Explore the Antarctic Peninsula by ship, Zodiac and on foot;
- Learn about unique geology, history and wildlife with an expert team of lecturers;
- See the incredible wildlife of South Georgia, including 30 breeding bird species and four penguin species;
- Follow in the footsteps of Shackleton on South Georgia and pause for a moment at his graveside;
- Explore quaint Port Stanley in the Falklands;
- Take an optional kayaking excursion; and
- Lectures and educational presentations from Polar Specialists.
Your expedition experience...
Antarctica awaits, with its geographic contradictions and overwhelming enormity. Relax on a Zodiac ride, hike glistening glaciers, share comical moments with inquisitive penguins, or witness the rugged peninsula from a sea kayak. Antarctica will surprise and delight, and never disappoint.
Booking an Adventure Option on your expedition is a great way to enhance your polar experience. These options are subject to availability and fill up quickly, so be sure to book yours early. Please note, Adventure Options are weather dependent.
Imagine gliding along the surface of a bay in the presence of icebergs and glaciers! Our kayaking adventures are the best way to feel at one with the sea. Taken in small groups of 16 people, multiple times per voyage, kayaking adventures are only conducted during calm weather conditions. We recommend you have some prior kayaking experience, including the capability to do a wet exit.
The kayaking adventure option is open to all levels of experience. However, we advise that kayaking in polar waters is not an activity for first-time guests. Beginners interested in kayaking, should first take an introductory kayaking course prior to their voyage. In addition, regardless of your experience, we recommend kayaking lessons for a minimum of three hours in preparation for your expedition. It is of the utmost importance that you be comfortable while kayaking in order to maximize your enjoyment and your overall experience.
Combining surfing with kayaking or canoeing, stand-up paddleboarding will give you a very personal and unique perspective on Antarctica. Taken in small groups in good weather conditions on calm bays and harbors, with Zodiac accompaniment, paddleboarding will be offered on via sign- up onboard ship on a first-come, first-served basis.
More information about your Adventure Options, including necessary experience, physical requirements and cost available by contacting us.
On Sale now only until Tuesday 3 December!
27 December 2019 - 20% OFF
2020-21 Season: Early Booking Discount of 10% for all categories excluding triples - Use Promocode EBB10 during the booking process!
Get the very best of Antarctica in one voyage - don't miss out on South Georgia!
OverviewExplore Ushuaia prior to embarkation and sail down the spectacular Beagle Channel. Photograph massive albatross and pintado petrel as they soar around the ship, guiding us toward South Georgia. Beaches teeming with king penguins and elephant seals greet us, where we pay respects to famed explorer Sir Ernest Shackleton. Antarctica awaits, with its overwhelming enormity. Relax on a Zodiac ride, hike glistening glaciers, share comical moments with inquisitive penguins, or witness the rugged peninsula from a sea kayak. Antarctica will surprise and delight, and never disappoint.
Scrolling is disabled on map, please click to enable.
Luxury Expedition Vessel: World Explorer
An “all balcony suites” ship, World Explorer features amenities and guest comforts to maximize the exploration off and on the ship and deliver an unequalled Polar expedition experience. Distinct and comfortable, refined and roomy—these attributes and more describe World Explorer. Not only will it be among the fastest expedition ships, it will also be one of the finest, with six tiers of deluxe accommodation.
- Shipboard accommodation with daily housekeeping.
- All breakfasts, lunches and dinners on board throughout your voyage.
- All shore landings per the daily program. Leadership throughout the voyage by our experienced Expedition Leader.
- All Zodiac transfers and cruising per the daily program. Formal and informal presentations by our Expedition Team and guest speakers as scheduled.
- Photographic Journal on DVD, documenting the voyage. A pair of waterproof expedition boots on loan for shore landings. An official Quark Expeditions parka to keep. Coffee, tea and cocoa available around the clock.
- Hair dryer and bathrobes in every cabin. Comprehensive pre-departure materials, including a map and an informative Antarctic Reader.
- Group transfers upon disembarkation.
- All miscellaneous service taxes and port charges throughout the program.
- All luggage handling aboard ship.
- Emergency Evacuation Insurance for all passengers to a maximum benefit of USD $100,000 per person.
- Any airfare unless otherwise specified in the itinerary.
- Passport and visa expenses.
- Government arrival and departure taxes.
- Any meals ashore with the exception of breakfast at the host hotel before embarkation
- Baggage, cancellation and medical travel insurance.
- Excess baggage charges.
- Laundry, bar, beverage and other personal charges unless specified.
- Telecommunications charges.
- The voluntary gratuity at the end of the voyage for shipboard staff and crew.
- Optional kayaking activities.
Expeditions Online Newsletter
Sign up to be an Expeditions Online insider and receive info on exclusive deals, discounts and more!