Polar Circle Quest: M/V Ushuaia
This 11 night expedition cruise to Antarctica on board the M/V Ushuaia is planned to take best advantage of the increased landing and whale spotting opportunities during the later part of the Antarctic season. Depending on ice conditions the vessel will endeavour to reach south of the Antarctic Circle
- Reach to the South of the Polar Circle.
- Majestic mountains, ice and scenery of the Antarctic Peninsula
- Small, intimate and ice strengthened vessel
- Educational program from onboard lecturers
- See abundant wildlife - penguins, seals, whales and more!
A longer expedition which reaches further south and aims to cross 66 degrees 33 minutes South and beyond the Antarctic Circle!
OverviewThis 11 night expedition cruise to Antarctica on board the M/V Ushuaia is planned to take best advantage of the increased landing and whale spotting opportunities during the later part of the Antarctic season. Depending on ice conditions the vessel will endeavour to reach south of the Antarctic Circle.
Expedition Vessel: M/V Ushuaia
Originally built for the United States agency NOAA (National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration), the USHUAIA has been refurbished to accommodate a maximum of 84 passengers in 41 comfortable twin cabins and suites. The ice-strengthened polar vessel USHUAIA is very well appointed and provides ample deck space and an open bridge policy. The full complement of inflatable landing craft ensures superb landings and wildlife viewing opportunities on the otherwise inaccessible coastline. All cabins include ample storage space. Public areas feature a large dining room (one sitting), an observation lounge and bar, a conference room with modern multimedia equipment, a well-stocked library, a changing room and a small infirmary. The expert captain, officers and crew are highly experienced in Antarctic navigation and have a great love of nature. A specialist team of international expedition leaders and lecturers are all extremely knowledgeable, enthusiastic, helpful and dedicated to the protection of the environment. Chefs prepare excellent cuisine including many local specialties and the bar is well-stocked with carefully selected wines and spirits.
- Voyage aboard the M/V Ushuaia as indicated in the itinerary.
- All meals throughout the voyage aboard the M/V Ushuaia.
- All shore excursions and activities throughout the voyage by zodiac.
- Program of lectures by noted naturalists and leadership by experienced expedition staff.
- All miscellaneous service taxes and port charges throughout the program.
- Comprehensive pre-departure material.
- Detailed post-expedition log.
- Any airfare, whether on scheduled or charter flights
- Pre- and post land arrangements
- Transfers to / from the vessel
- Passport and visa expenses
- Government arrival and departure taxes
- Meals ashore
- Baggage, cancellation and personal insurance (strongly recommended)
- Excess baggage charges and all items of a personal nature such as bar and beverage charges and telecommunication charges
- The customary gratuity at the end of the voyages (guidelines will be provided).
Expeditions Online Newsletter
Sign up to be an Expeditions Online insider and receive info on exclusive deals, discounts and more!