Expedition Svalbard: M/S Sjøveien
It is Arctic summer and the ice has slowly started to loosen its grip, which offers good opportunities to explore the seldom visited eastern parts. During the month of July the midnight sun reigns supreme and Arctic flowers are in bloom. Later in August the sun is closer to the horizon, preparing for the polar night, giving us beautiful sunsets and a warm light perfect for photography. With ten nights on board we have plenty of time for grand nature experiences and wildlife encounters
- Sail on board an intimate, charming and historic expedition ship with just 12 fellow travellers
- See the spectacular mountains of Spitsbergen
- Sail through amazing fjords and see impressive glaciers
- Search for wildlife such as polar bears, walrus and whales
- Incredible birdlife including eiders, vast numbers of kittiwakes and Brünnich’s guillemots
- Explore seldom-visited parts of eastern Svalbard such as White Island.
- Possible circumnavigation of Spitsbergen.
Knowledgeable and enthusiastic guides are the key to a successful expedition. On these expeditions you will meet guides with long experience of the Polar Regions and a genuine love of the Arctic. Several of them have been commuting between the Arctic and the Antarctic for many years. All guides are highly qualified guides when it comes to safety.
There are two guides on board the M/S Sjøveien. Few passengers per guide increase the flexibility on board as well as enable a smooth Zodiac operation. The guides also entertain and educate you with interesting talks in between landings, where you learn more about the flora, fauna and history of Svalbard.
Early Booking Offer 2021
Book any 2021 expedition by the 30th of April 2020 and receive USD 350 discount (or equivalent currency) per person!
Small is best on this fantastic Arctic expedition
OverviewIt is Arctic summer and the ice has slowly started to loosen its grip, which offers good opportunities to explore the seldom visited eastern parts. During the month of July the midnight sun reigns supreme and Arctic flowers are in bloom. Later in August the sun is closer to the horizon, preparing for the polar night, giving us beautiful sunsets and a warm light perfect for photography. With ten nights on board we have plenty of time for grand nature experiences and wildlife encounters.
Expedition Vessel: M/S SjøveienBoard the M/S Sjøveien for a Svalbard journey of a lifetime. The M/S Sjøveien has been used as a hotel for the past few years and has now been completely renovated as a passenger ship, ready to set sail in the Svalbard archipelago. The key is in the detail of this stunning ship; with wooden decks and interiors, vintage elements and private bathrooms, one does not have to compromise on comfort while experiencing the icy waters of the Arctic. A more luxurious 12-passenger ship renovated with classic styling and necessary facilities for your Svalbard expedition. The M/S Sjøveien has been renovated with a range of accommodation options. Choose from twin and double rooms and upper and lower deck cabins with either windows or portholes. There is a large mess area, communal lounge and dining area where you will enjoy meals and lectures by your on-board guides. Dining aboard the M/S Sjøveien is an all-inclusive affair with breakfast, lunch, dinner and tea and coffee being served each day. The M/S Sjøveien is certified with an ice class of 1C which means she is ice-strengthened and can deal with ice up to 40cm thick.
- 10 nights on board the M/S Sjøveien
- all meals on board, cofee and tea
- an experienced Expedition Leader
- lectures and guiding on board and ashore
- all excursions by Zodiac
- The customary gratuity to the ship’s crew
- Comprehensive information material before the expedition
- illustrated post-expedition log
- Flight to and from Longyearbyen
- travel and cancellation insurance
- Personal expenses such as bar and shop charges
Expeditions Online Newsletter
Sign up to be an Expeditions Online insider and receive info on exclusive deals, discounts and more!