Antarctica Express AirCruise: Hebridean Sky
This air-cruise Antarctica expedition takes you to the most spectacular place on earth, the coldest, highest, windiest, driest, and remotest continent. Sail southwards from Ushuaia, Argentina via Cape Horn. After a brief exploration of penguin colonies on the South Shetland Islands you fly directly back from King George Island to Punta Arenas in Chile. *Some departures operate in reverse: Fly from Punta Arenas and sail back to Ushuaia
- World's shortest Antarctica expedition - sail there and and fly back!
- Just 71 passengers for an intimate and luxurious experience exploring Antarctica
- Expert guides and modern, comfortable ice-class vessel
- Highly experienced flight operator takes you direct to King George Island in Antarctica
- Chance of a lifetime to visit Antarctica!
Earlybird savings $500
We are pleased to announce that the Earlybird $500 Saving has been extended until April 30, 2020. Book now while space lasts!
Antarctica and back in just 5 days! For those very short on time or with a tight budget this unique program offers a glimpse of Antarctica and will maybe have you back wanting more.
OverviewThis air-cruise Antarctica expedition takes you to the most spectacular place on earth, the coldest, highest, windiest, driest, and remotest continent. Sail southwards from Ushuaia, Argentina via Cape Horn. After a brief exploration of penguin colonies on the South Shetland Islands you fly directly back from King George Island to Punta Arenas in Chile.
*Some departures operate in reverse: Fly from Punta Arenas and sail back to Ushuaia
Expedition Vessel: M/V Hebridean Sky
Hebridean Sky was built in 1991 in Italy and underwent extensive refitting and modernization in 2005 and again in 2016. In all ways she is an excellent expedition ship—equipped like a classic luxury yacht with attractive, spacious cabins and stylish common areas, all outfitted with an eye for details. In all, there are 57 cabins, of which 12 are suites with their own balconies, on the ship. With a crew of 70 persons the service on board is unsurpassed, and as icing on the cake the ship's cooks provide for exquisite culinary indulgence in the ship's restaurant. The ship has a large lounge, in which the trip organizers hold informational meetings and lectures, and a great deal of outdoor deck space from which we can enjoy both whales and unique nature between landfalls. On the ship there are a number of Zodiac rubber boats, which are used for most landings, as it only possible to dock a few places.
For Antarctica Fly/Cruises the aircraft BAE-146 is used in combination with the ship. It was manufactured in the United Kingdom by British Aerospace. It is a high-wing aircraft with very short runaway requirements which make it particularly suited for these kind of destinations. It is operated by Aerovías DAP, which has more than 20 years of experience of flying in Patagonia and Antarctica.
- Transfers airport/hotel/airport in Punta Arenas foreseen on the first and last day of the voyage (in case of using the complimentary hotel night upon return from Antarctica, no transfer is included the following day).
- 1 complimentary hotel night upon request in Punta Arenas on the day of return from Antarctica.
- Flight from Punta Arenas to Frei Station on King George Island and/or vice versa as indicated in the program corresponding to each voyage.
- Ship cruise along the Antarctic Peninsula as indicated in the program corresponding to each voyage.
- Daily buffet breakfast and lunch offering a wide choice of dishes
- Daily served dinner offering a choice of three main courses
- A selection of wines, beers, and soft drinks served with lunch, dinner, and at the bar
- Coffee, tea, chocolate, cappuccino, water and snacks throughout the expedition
- All guided shore excursions.
- Lectures and entertainment on board.
- Comprehensive pre- and post-voyage information material.
- Loan of waterproof boots for landing in Antarctica.
- Contingency Plan for air-cruise departures as foreseen for each voyage (see further on).
- Accommodation, meals, excursions and transfers other than those included in the Travel Program and the Contingency Plan corresponding to each voyage.
- Personal insurance.
- Extra expenses (communication, laundry, souvenirs, etc.).
- Tips (suggested USD 10 per person per day).
- Visas or Passport expenses and/or any other arrival and/or departure tax, if applicable.
- Booking a dedicated single cabin. No supplement is applied for single use of dedicated single cabins.
- Booking a twin cabin for single use. An 85% supplement will be added to the rate per person in twin cabin.
- Sharing a twin cabin with another passenger (male or female). No supplement is applied, and the shipping company will take care of finding the matching companion.
Expeditions Online Newsletter
Sign up to be an Expeditions Online insider and receive info on exclusive deals, discounts and more!