Antarctica Express Air-Cruise: M/V Ocean Nova
This air-cruise Antarctica expedition takes you to the most spectacular place on earth, the coldest, highest, windiest, driest, and remotest continent. Sail southwards from Ushuaia, Argentina via Cape Horn. After a brief exploration of penguin colonies on the South Shetland Islands you fly directly back from King George Island to Punta Arenas in Chile
- World's shortest Antarctica expedition - sail there and and fly back!
- Just 68 passengers for an intimate experience exploring Antarctica
- Expert guides and modern, comfortable ice-class vessel
- Highly experienced flight operator takes you direct to King George Island in Antarctica
- Chance of a lifetime to visit Antarctica!
Earlybird savings $500
We are pleased to announce that the Earlybird $500 Saving has been extended until April 30, 2020. Book now while space lasts!
Antarctica and back in just six days! For those very short on time or with a tight budget this unique program offers a glimpse of Antarctica and will maybe have you back wanting more.
OverviewThis air-cruise Antarctica expedition takes you to the most spectacular place on earth, the coldest, highest, windiest, driest, and remotest continent. Sail southwards from Ushuaia, Argentina via Cape Horn. After a brief exploration of penguin colonies on the South Shetland Islands you fly directly back from King George Island to Punta Arenas in Chile.
Expedition Vessel: M/V Ocean Nova
The M/V Ocean Nova is a modern and comfortable vessel. She was built in Denmark in 1992 to sail the ice-choked waters of Greenland, and her ice-strengthened hull is ideally suited for expedition travel in the polar regions. The M/V Ocean Nova has capacity for 68 passengers accommodated in comfortable outside cabins, all with private facilities, including dedicated single, twin and triple cabins. In addition to a glass-enclosed observation lounge and presentation room, a spacious dining room, a bar, a library and an infirmary. The ship has Zodiac boats that are well suited for disembarking and wildlife watching. For Antarctica Fly/Cruises the aircraft BAE-146 is used in combination with the Ocean Nova. It was manufactured in the United Kingdom by British Aerospace. It is a high-wing aircraft with very short runaway requirements which make it particularly suited for these kind of destinations. It is operated by Aerovías DAP, which has more than 20 years of experience of flying in Patagonia and Antarctica.
- Transfers airport/hotel/airport in Punta Arenas foreseen on the first and last day of the air-cruise.
- Flight from King George Island Frei Station to Punta Arenas as indicated in the program.
- Ship cruise along the Antarctic Peninsula as indicated in the program
- Hotel night in Punta Arenas on the day of return from Antarctica.
- Daily buffet breakfast and lunch offering a wide choice of dishes
- Daily served dinner offering a choice of three main courses
- A selection of wines, beers, and soft drinks served with lunch, dinner, and at the bar
- Coffee, tea, chocolate, cappuccino, water and snacks throughout the expedition
- All guided shore excursions.
- Lectures and entertainment on board.
- Comprehensive pre- and post-voyage information material.
- Loan of waterproof boots for landing in Antarctica.
- Contingency Plan for air-cruise departures as foreseen for each voyage.
- Accommodation, meals, excursions and transfers other than those included in the Travel Program and the Contingency Plan corresponding to each voyage.
- Personal insurance.
- Extra expenses (communication, laundry, souvenirs, etc.).
- Tips (suggested USD 10 per person per day).
- Visas or Passport expenses and/or any other arrival and/or departure tax, if applicable.
- Booking a dedicated single cabin. No supplement is applied for single use of dedicated single cabins.
- Booking a twin cabin for single use. An 85% supplement will be added to the rate per person in twin cabin.
- Sharing a twin cabin with another passenger (male or female). No supplement is applied, and the shipping company will take care of finding the matching companion.
Expeditions Online Newsletter
Sign up to be an Expeditions Online insider and receive info on exclusive deals, discounts and more!